Roku 3: Turbo charged media streamer on the way, but not for the UK
We’re already big fans of the Roku series of ickle internet TV boxes, but with the Roku 3, they’ve just got even better. The new, curvier box packs a faster processor to better power a new look menu system that lets you quickly hop between 750 channels, and an in an unusual twist, the remote control packs a headphone jack: stick in some earphones and audio is then streamed over Wi-Fi, so you can privately listen to what you’re watching, and avoid disturbing everyone else in the living room.
The $100 (£66) Roku 3 sounds tempting, but before you whip out your wallet, we’ve got a bit of bad news. We’ve confirmed with a spokesperson that there are currently no plans to bring the Roku 3 to the UK, so we’ll just have to make do with the new look software layout – which the company says will be pushed out to existing Roku boxes.
Either way, it’s a new challenger for the likes of Apple, which seems to have shifted its attention away from the TV in recent months and onto our wrists. Is it the best media streamer out there? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Check out the Roku LT in action here
Think Apple's AirPlay streaming is useful? Wait 'til you ...
Japanese tech giant Sony is gearing up for next-gen video...
- Sony PS4: Super powered specs revealed!
- Hackers add keyboard skills to Sony PSP
- Samsung Galaxy S3: Android 4.2 bumper update on the way!
- Is Apple working on a MacBook with an invisible keyboard?
- Sony PS4: Five next-gen features we want to see!
- Grand Theft Auto 5 release date revealed!
- BlackBerry 10: Turbo keyboard smartphone spotted!
- Xbox SmartGlass hits iPhone: Control your Xbox with your phone!
- Microsoft Office for iPhone and Android: Three free alternatives!
- Virgin TV Anywhere: Free video streaming hits iPhone and laptops today!
Jason has been on The Gadget Show since day one. Before he joined us, he could be seen popping up on The Big Breakfast, hosting The Web Review for ...
Pollyanna has previously worked on the online tech show techworld.tv and is a geek's dream woman: gorgeous and obsessed with tech. She's also a bit...
Rachel made her television debut in 2009 when she took over from Carol Vorderman as the numbers expert on Countdown. Rachel studied maths at Oxford...
Jon Bentley returns as The Gadget Show’s chief gadget tester, completing the show’s strongest line up ever.