Microsoft Surface: Windows 8 tablet release date revealed!
The Microsoft Surface Windows 8 tablet is creeping closer to launch: and if Redmond has its way, it’s going to give the Apple iPad Mini a run for its money too. According to a new report, Microsoft’s own slate computer will go on sale at the end of this month! Read on for the details.
The Verge reports that the Microsoft Surface Windows 8 tablet will go on sale at midnight on 26 October, after a launch event for press the day before. In the US, Microsoft shops will open as the clock strikes twelve to flog the new tablet competitor: in the UK meanwhile we may have to wait until regular business hours to pick one up.
If you’re not sure what the fuss about Microsoft Surface is, it’s a 10.6-inch own-brand tablet running Windows 8, which will compete directly against tablets from gadget manufacturers Microsoft usually licenses its software to. With a super thin keyboard in the cover too, it looks very promising indeed, though journalists have not yet been able to handle the device.
Check out Microsoft Surface in action now
Unfortunately, we still don’t know exactly how much the Microsoft Surface tablet will cost, and the company has given no indication. Will it undercut the £399 iPad? We may only have a few days to wait to find out!
Watch out Apple, Microsoft's gunning for your tiny tablet...
The Microsoft Surface Pro tablet running full blown Windo...
- Sony PS4: Super powered specs revealed!
- Hackers add keyboard skills to Sony PSP
- Samsung Galaxy S3: Android 4.2 bumper update on the way!
- Is Apple working on a MacBook with an invisible keyboard?
- Sony PS4: Five next-gen features we want to see!
- Grand Theft Auto 5 release date revealed!
- BlackBerry 10: Turbo keyboard smartphone spotted!
- Xbox SmartGlass hits iPhone: Control your Xbox with your phone!
- Microsoft Office for iPhone and Android: Three free alternatives!
- Virgin TV Anywhere: Free video streaming hits iPhone and laptops today!
Jason has been on The Gadget Show since day one. Before he joined us, he could be seen popping up on The Big Breakfast, hosting The Web Review for ...
Pollyanna has previously worked on the online tech show techworld.tv and is a geek's dream woman: gorgeous and obsessed with tech. She's also a bit...
Rachel made her television debut in 2009 when she took over from Carol Vorderman as the numbers expert on Countdown. Rachel studied maths at Oxford...
Jon Bentley returns as The Gadget Show’s chief gadget tester, completing the show’s strongest line up ever.