Is this what the Sony PlayStation 4 looks like?
Sony snagged a lot of buzz by teasing the new PlayStation 4 right before Microsoft’s big next-gen Xbox reveal, with a blurred video that shows some extreme close-ups of its brand new console. The hive mind on the web quickly got to work though, and pieced some of the puzzle together, coming up with this design of what the PS4 could look like, and it’s got everything seen in the teaser – is this Sony’s next console?
Redditor Albino-Zebra wasn’t satisfied with what Sony had to show and has come up with the mock-up seen above, which takes into account all of the snippets shown off in the teaser below – and it looks like it’s nearly all there. We’re not sure if the new console is rectangular, or if it’s as cube-like as the video suggests, but we already like the look of this mock-up more than the original PlayStation 3, which was frankly, massive.
Nobody outside of Sony knows what the next console is going to look like until E3 rolls around, but the guesses are entertaining, and for all we know, this design could be bang on the money. We’ll be sure to fill you in on anything relating to Sony’s next big console, but you can look forward to seeing what Microsoft has in store for the next generation of Xbox later today.
Would you buy a PS4 with this design, or are you looking forward to what Microsoft is unveiling later today? Let us know what you think in the comments below.
Weeks like this come along only a few times every generat...
- Sony PS4: Super powered specs revealed!
- Hackers add keyboard skills to Sony PSP
- Samsung Galaxy S3: Android 4.2 bumper update on the way!
- Is Apple working on a MacBook with an invisible keyboard?
- Sony PS4: Five next-gen features we want to see!
- Grand Theft Auto 5 release date revealed!
- BlackBerry 10: Turbo keyboard smartphone spotted!
- Xbox SmartGlass hits iPhone: Control your Xbox with your phone!
- Microsoft Office for iPhone and Android: Three free alternatives!
- Virgin TV Anywhere: Free video streaming hits iPhone and laptops today!
Jason has been on The Gadget Show since day one. Before he joined us, he could be seen popping up on The Big Breakfast, hosting The Web Review for ...
Pollyanna has previously worked on the online tech show techworld.tv and is a geek’s dream woman: gorgeous and obsessed with tech. She’s also a...
Rachel made her television debut in 2009 when she took over from Carol Vorderman as the numbers expert on Countdown. Rachel studied maths at Oxford...
Jon Bentley returns as The Gadget Show’s chief gadget tester, completing the show’s strongest line up ever.