iPad mini up for pre-order today! Will you be buying?
Apple only unveiled its latest creation, the iPad mini, on Tuesday, but it’s just about ready to go: this morning, the company put the 7.9-inch tablet up for pre-order for delivery on 2 November. Will you be buying one?
It’s a perfect storm of tech over the next couple of days, with Windows Phone 8 and a new version of Android both launching on Monday, and Windows 8 up for download today. Apple’s confident it’s got a hit on its hands though, and if you’re keen to get one ASAP, you can now pre-order it on apple.com/uk/store.
Currently, only the Wi-Fi iPad mini models are on sale, starting at £269 for the 16GB model. Models with 3G/4G data connectivity aren’t available just yet, so if you want to use yours on the go you may have to wait a couple of weeks. Right now, only the black model is showing delivery on the day of release, with the white and silver edition on Apple’s website listed as having a two week dispatch time. If you want one of them on day one, you may have to face the queues.
Will you be buying an iPad mini? Not convinced it’s worth the cost over a Google Nexus 7? Wherever you stand, let’s hear your view in the comments below.
See the iPad Mini in action right here
Apple’s iPad mini was one of the very best gadgets of 2...
Last night, Apple unveiled the new iPad mini to the world...
- Sony PS4: Super powered specs revealed!
- Hackers add keyboard skills to Sony PSP
- Samsung Galaxy S3: Android 4.2 bumper update on the way!
- Is Apple working on a MacBook with an invisible keyboard?
- Sony PS4: Five next-gen features we want to see!
- Grand Theft Auto 5 release date revealed!
- BlackBerry 10: Turbo keyboard smartphone spotted!
- Xbox SmartGlass hits iPhone: Control your Xbox with your phone!
- Microsoft Office for iPhone and Android: Three free alternatives!
- Virgin TV Anywhere: Free video streaming hits iPhone and laptops today!
Jason has been on The Gadget Show since day one. Before he joined us, he could be seen popping up on The Big Breakfast, hosting The Web Review for ...
Pollyanna has previously worked on the online tech show techworld.tv and is a geek's dream woman: gorgeous and obsessed with tech. She's also a bit...
Rachel made her television debut in 2009 when she took over from Carol Vorderman as the numbers expert on Countdown. Rachel studied maths at Oxford...
Jon Bentley returns as The Gadget Show’s chief gadget tester, completing the show’s strongest line up ever.