Google Nexus 7 3G out by Christmas
The Google Nexus 7 is already a fine Android tablet: in fact, for its stunningly low £159 pricetag, it’s just about the best value slate you can buy today. It is missing one spec though that many rivals offer: a 3G connection for internet everywhere and email on the go. According to a new report however, that’s about to change.
Over at the MoDaCo smartphone forums, founder Paul O’Brien says he has it from an insider that a 3G Google Nexus 7 Android tablet is on the way, and soon. Asus, which makes the Google Nexus 7, is preparing for a launch in about six weeks’ time, giving it plenty of leeway before the Christmas sales rush.
Check out our video review of the Google Nexus 7 below
Now we don’t know for sure that O’Brien’s information is legit, but he’s been on the money before, and is extremely knowledgeable when it comes to all things Android. It could also be the perfect extra feature to boost sales in the run up to 25 December. We’ll keep you posted.
Would you buy a 3G Google Nexus 7? Sticking with your iPad or prefer Wi-Fi only? Let’s hear your thoughts in the comments.
That was fast. The LG Nexus 4, the very first phone to ru...
A hurricane may have put paid to Google’s New York pres...
- Sony PS4: Super powered specs revealed!
- Hackers add keyboard skills to Sony PSP
- Samsung Galaxy S3: Android 4.2 bumper update on the way!
- Is Apple working on a MacBook with an invisible keyboard?
- Sony PS4: Five next-gen features we want to see!
- Grand Theft Auto 5 release date revealed!
- BlackBerry 10: Turbo keyboard smartphone spotted!
- Xbox SmartGlass hits iPhone: Control your Xbox with your phone!
- Microsoft Office for iPhone and Android: Three free alternatives!
- Virgin TV Anywhere: Free video streaming hits iPhone and laptops today!
Jason has been on The Gadget Show since day one. Before he joined us, he could be seen popping up on The Big Breakfast, hosting The Web Review for ...
Pollyanna has previously worked on the online tech show techworld.tv and is a geek's dream woman: gorgeous and obsessed with tech. She's also a bit...
Rachel made her television debut in 2009 when she took over from Carol Vorderman as the numbers expert on Countdown. Rachel studied maths at Oxford...
Jon Bentley returns as The Gadget Show’s chief gadget tester, completing the show’s strongest line up ever.